This will be the place for all your equine and livestock chat and sharing of animal husbandry tips and tricks and other information related to riding, breeding and caring for your farm animals, especially equines.
The Equine Association is open to all PI members, you don't have to own a horse or pony to be a member.
This is an association for the discussion of information, care, training and maintenance of Equines and other livestock (cows, sheep, goats, etc). If you wish to share and discuss your other animal pets please join the Pet Association.
From now on, please make sure all of your horse/pony/livestock related topics are posted in the Equine Association, not the Friends forum
How to apply:
Simply send a PM to the account Equine Association. Please write 'Equine Association' in the title/subject of your PM and you can put whatever you like in the message
Please note it may be one or two days before your admission is approved.
1. All PI Rules are still in effect within this Association. Any user, of any age, will be added to the Association upon request. As such, all general PI rules must be followed.
2. There is to be no asking for veterinary advice on medical conditions which have not yet been referred to a vet. Discussion of conditions undergoing treatment are permitted.
3. There is to be no offering advice on conditions or treatments which are not backed by sound, referenced material (offsite links to equine medical journals allowed). Case study examples from your own experiences are fine. Those who offer advice which is wrong or unfounded will be warned and their posts removed.
4. Conformation critiques are to be done in an honest and mature manner. No unneeded derogatory remarks will be tolerated. However, those who post conformation critique requests must accept all responses, whether they be good or bad, in good grace.
5. Mean spirited remarks will not be tolerated. If you cannot be respectful towards other members of the association, you will be removed from the club. (Disagreements and debates are fine, as long as there are no personal attacks.) Please bear in mind when you post a thread that people may disagree with you - this does not mean they are being mean-spirited, but simply have differing opinions.
6. ONE THREAD per subject. Do not make a new thread to update on a situation that you've already created a thread about, just bump your old thread. Just like you would do in the Friends or Discussion forum. You are welcome to keep training/progress threads bumped up with new information. Do not bump your thread to show it off.
7. You will receive one warning for breaking the rules and then if you continue to break the rules you will be removed from the association. You will be able to reapply for membership after 3 months.
8. If you see someone breaking a rule, please PM Cythera or Karasu.
Welcome to the Equine Association!
Great! I can't wait to see all the pony & horse threads pop up!
Pretty cool.. thanks
YES!!!! *dances a jig*
Do we still have the pet association?