Blarg, been sick to a point I couldnt get out of my bed for a few days. That while its hot outside, Ariya you got issues haha. Well finally sitting behind my pc longer then a few minits I try to get myself back in swing. My victum, one of my unicorn girls. Decided on an edit, but then I tought "hey why not just make a template while im at it!" Me and my silly ideas.
I already got quiet a bit done, so its going to be a rather small WMW haha, that and a splitting headache so ill probably stop after I got the base set done.
*Images are clickable for larger vieuw.
I got the "normal" eye done aswell but I personally don't like them to much so she is showcasing my impromptu eye here. Currently working on the tail, pondering on darkening the body shading. Mane and tail are seperatly offcourse, hence why its a template.
Planning to spice her up into an acteull edit of one of my girls, but my headache is telling me that will be done later | D
- Body Base (done?)
- Basic eye (done)
- Alternative eye 1 (done)
- Basic tail (shading)
- basic mane (inked)
- Genes (okapi, bodyfade and legfade done)
I will open the template for public use when its done, so if you have any interest on using it feel free to stick around. While I am currently making it mainly photoshop CS orientated, I can make it GIMP compatible without a problem. Your free to use it as a base for tattoo's aswell, I am just going to warn you upfront that I didnt test the fade's accuracy. Aswell that my shading is hardly the same as the actuel base. But feel free to use the other genes I will template later for those fool gene mimics.
- I use photoshop CS3
- I use a WACOM pen and touch M size drawing tablet
Comments and critics welcome, still pondering on the darkness of the shading. I am also open to gene and item requests for this base. Altough as mentioned my headache is already killing me so no promises on when or if ill do them x.x
Please scroll down for updates and temporarely download link.
Looking good so far. Hope your head feels better soon.
Oooh I'd love to watch this
Oooh thats a face I havent spoken to for a while *waves* hello there Aholland!
Your very welcome to watch Kare =3
Tail is done, basic shading for the mane done and refining now.
It's looking great! I hope you're feeling better soon!
I hope so to haha.
Besides some further finetuning I think the base set is done. yay!
That looks amazing!! Are you gonna be doing some free ones soon??
And I hope you feel better soon though!!
Ooooh! So pretty!
The base looks really good. I've been wanting to try and make an edit for some of my ponies but I can't make the base. So once they're open to the public, I'll try if my mouse cooperates. No tablet sucks a bit.
Well ill probably do a few with the added rule of whatever I need to make becomes free to use afterwards. So I wount be doing anything that will be unique for one pony edit on this template.
I am fine tuning the body a bit still, I'll put the PSD up for download when I am satisfied with it
I am still not entirely satisfied with it, but my head is telling me to quiet. So for those who are fine on working with the unfinished base here is the template to download and use.
Photoshop Download link / GIMP Download link
*These links will be unavailable when a new version is made.
GIMP vs Photoshop differences
- GIMP does not support linear burn shading setting, so the GIMP versions shading may come out less saturated then Photoshop.
- Older versions of GIMP does not support group layers, so for their convenience the GIMP version has no grouped layers and a layer named to quickly find what you need.
- if you are using photoshop elemeants, please download the GIMP version. Elements merges grouped layers.
- Sai should be compatible with the photoshop version.
If there are any problems with download, opening or using. Feel free to post your questions.
- You may not claim these are fully your own work, please credit apropiatly or I may consider adding watermarks.
- Saving to your computer is fine, but please do not re-upload these files. Point people to me or the future main thread for download instead, thank you.
- You are free to use these to create avatars, tattoo's, pony edits, dreamies and character refferences.
- You are free to edit this base as you see fit, as long as term 1 is properly adhered to.
- You are allowed to use this base to offer color/edit for other people, but only for free.
- You may practise shading or simply reshade this base.
- All PI rules for art and pony edits aply.
- Have fun!
- All genes
- Layers for eye blink animation
- Box guides for easy Tattoo placemeants
I love it, great work!
Took a nap and Animated a blink. Think ill take another nap tough pahaha. Mini sig size pony.
edit: and seems I took the wrong settings when saving aka pixelated, ah well.
This is absolutely gorgeous! I can't get over your hair shading. 0.0 Perhaps eventually you could get a lot of the breeds done? That would be amazing, although a lot of work. ^.^ Can't wait to see what else you do!
Awh, I hope you start feeling better soon </3
Everything looks lovely though, as always.