Website | Forum
Rules | Certificate Code | Naming Board | Anodiem and Voucher Exchange Board | Information Index| HFAQ | Inventories | Interactive Player Farms
Mailing List: PM the account Aelia with the subject Mailing List to be added!
LvSoulFriend [webmaster, trainer, competition host]
Calomel [intern #1]
Echos [intern #2]
Kashu Arashi [competition host]
Utaku Koma [competition host]
abbeyinc [competition host]
eccofaery [competition host and trainer]
Host for this event: Marbletoast
She who from April dates her years,
Diamonds shall wear, lest bitter tears
For vain repentance flow; this stone,
Emblem of innocence, is known.
Birthstone Event Rules
1. In the course of a year, you can win a maximum of 3 stones
2. In the course of a year, you can participate in a maximum of 1 birthday month raffle
3. In the course of a year, you can win a maximum of 1 of any type of birthstone
Every month, there will be made available to you three special breeding stones. One of these stones will be available exclusively to people born in that month, and the other two will be available to everyone. The result of using any of these 12 stones is a
Custom Breeding Baby!
Using a birthstone to breed allows you several amazing things. Every birthstone allows:
1) A breed with no anodiem
2) A 'custom' baby - which means you can use any genes within the parents' genomes for your baby, at your discretion, and you get to customize what those genes look like, so long as it fits within the gene requirements.
- You CAN add other stones to the breeding
- You CAN customize all the babies if there is more than one
- You CAN choose the gender of any babies
- You CAN choose any gene in the genome of either parent, but
- You CANNOT add a gene that isn't there (so, for instance, one parent is MM and the other Mm you cannot get an mm baby)
Every month will have a special effect, too!
April's Special Effect: Maximum Number of Offspring!
That means if you breed:
Seer you get 2
Horse you get 2
Chud you get 3
Shamp you get 4
Dog you get 5
Cat you get 6
1. If you were born in April, post I was born April [day you were born] in bold. Like: I was born April 2 (I wasn't)
2. That's all you have to do. >.>
Ending Date: 04-29 15:00
3. Demon's Flame
Winner: Demon's Flame!
Since this gem ensures you get a lot of babies, you need to know what goes into breeding! Responsible breeders have a good sense of what the outcome of the breed will be. This is good not only when you want to plan for certain colors or patterns, but especially important when certain things result in unhealthy offspring! So how well do you know your Aeliad genetics?
A few things about the prizes:
- Since Calomel won the Diamond, the pet from her square went to the square whose pet was a lethal white (and therefore non-existant), so LvSoulFriend
- I am sure you'd all like to know if they are male or female, what their stats are, etc. But they are not actually certed yet, so. >.> When they are, I will let you know!
In this lovely grid, there are a number of Aeliad genotypes. What I want you to do is translate them for me! In one of those squares is a diamond. In some of the others there may be other neat things . . .
1. Choose a square
2. Look at the genetic information
3. Be the first to PM the correct phenotype to Marbletoasty with the animal and number in the title (ie. Horse 1)
4. I don't want you to JUST tell me what each gene is. I want you to translate to me what the pet will look like. So: tell me what the genes are, and then tell me what that looks like. In the case of specific patterning, like white markings, tell me roughly the amount of white - don't bother about where it is placed.
5. Remember to be specific about incomplete dominants and stage sensitive genes, as well as other special genes and their effects!
6. If you get it wrong, I will tell you. You can try again for an empty square.
Ending Time: When all the squares are filled!
To be revealed!
Diamonds are a popular subject matter for poets, song writers, story tellers, and just about everyone else who likes to make metaphors and analogies. The use of diamonds in the written and spoken word is widely varied. Let's explore it a bit, shall we?
1. Find a creative work that references diamonds. Poems, songs, stories, what have you.
2. Post the line from that work in this thread that mentions diamonds (keep it short!).
3. Include the Title, Author, and other relevant information
4. You cannot repeat entries! If someone has used a work already, find another!
- Every entry receives 1 ticket in the raffle
- Every entry that is a things I have heard of but have no particular feelings for one way or another, or I don't like it, gets 2 tickets
- Every entry that is something I know and really like gets 3 tickets
Ending Time: 04-28 0:00
1. Tribbler [1 - 2]
2. LostDollie 
3. Isilcu 
4. bloodblackrose13 [5 - 6]
5. Calomel [7 - 9]
6. Varuna 
7. Utaku Koma [11 - 13]
8. tbiris 
9. Allihandra [15 - 17]
10. eccofaery 
11. Cythera 
12. Raenia 
13. Pristine 
14. Raitalle [22 - 24]
15. Sweet~Intoxikation 
16. Echos [25 - 27]
17. Nightfeathers 
18. LvSoulFriend 
19. BJJLilly 
20. springacres 
21. Vhendi 
22. Demon's Flame [33 - 35]
23. Kashu Arashi [36 - 38]
24. Tigress Pern [39 - 41]
25. Flora 
Yay! more aelia to feed my addiction!
Ah, diamonds....the birthstone I love to be utterly indifferent about. No offense to the April peeps.
Let's see if Aelia can make me appreciate it more.
Ooo more Aelia :D:D
I am right there with you!
0.0 Must. Get. Diamond.
Wowza! That's an awesome special effect! -drools-
-drools at the diamond- Afraid I'm emerald though.
But I like that title there I think... Genetic Squares...
I was born April 19
Quote Kashu Arashi:
If there was a "like" button for your statement, Kashu, I would push it. XDD
Oh, it is love. <3
Shucks, I just realized my boyfriend's birthday is April 29th. I don't think I could get him on here though...
Definitely going to try for a diamond, but I am with tbiris - emerald is my stone
Heheh I'm not a diamond, I'm a Garnet, but I'm sure going to try and get one!
Marilyn Monroe - Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend
Some of the Lyrics:
The French are glad to die for love.
They delight in fighting duels.
But I prefer a man who lives
And gives expensive jewels.
A kiss on the hand
May be quite continental,
But diamonds are a girl's best friend.
Shine on you crazy diamond.
- Pink Floyd's Shine on You Crazy Diamond
"Her tears like diamonds on the floor"
Her Diamonds by Rob Thomas
How about this old nursery rhyme everyone knows? Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star!
Twinkle, twinkle, little star,
How I wonder what you are.
Up above the world so high,
Like a diamond in the sky.
All the games are up and the mailing list is sent!
The Gene Squares got a little nipped on the right hand side, but none of the lettering was lost. If you can't read one of them, let me know!
*tackles LD* Month twin!
(3x)Lucy in the sky with diamonds...
"Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds"
Cat 2 is successfully described!
(I'll update the image as well, in a moment)
Shamp 3 has been correctly described!
"I'm digging for diamonds."
Digging for Diamonds by Ken Nesbitt
Seer 1 and Dog 1 have been correctly described!
"Through an endless diamond sky"
A Whole New World - Howard Ashman/Alan Menken, from Disney's Aladdin